Each year thousands of Mississippi men, women and children are hurt because of dangerous or defective products. We depend on, and take for granted, the products that we use every day (our cars and trucks, our floor cleaner, our children’s toys, the pills we take, etc.), and we don’t give much thought to the fact that these products may not be safe, and they may have been rushed to market without all of the safety concerns being thought out. Unfortunately, not every product or drug is properly tested, manufactured, or marketed, and defective and unsafe products are out there.
Dangerous and Defective Products are everywhere!
- Medical devices, drugs and pharmaceuticals
- Certain models of automobiles and trucks, or defective parts, which cause crashes
- Hospital and nursing home bed rails
- Toys, clothing, kitchen appliances, power tools, lawn mowers, and practically anything around your house
- Food recalls due to tainted products or improper handling
- Equipment or appliance failures that generate excessive heat or sparks
If you or Someone you Know is Injured by a Dangerous or Defective Product, What do you do?
You need to consult with an attorney. There are product liability laws to protect you. These laws govern how products are designed, manufactured, marketed, sold and recalled. In general, if a product is unreasonably dangerous, or if a product does not include sufficient warnings or instructions and causes injury, you may have grounds for a product liability case. The product or drug’s designer, supplier, manufacturer, distributor, wholesaler, dealer, and everyone else in the chain might be held accountable if you are injured by their unsafe product.
How can a Product Manufacturer or Dealer be held Responsible for a Dangerous or Defective Product?
- Design defect: Sometimes a product is designed poorly, and they are unsafe before they are even built. Design flaws affect each and every product that is produced. The problem will be widespread, will likely be well-publicized, and these products can harm you even if you “use them as directed.” If you are injured you will need a lawyer to hold the designer accountable for their mistakes.
- Manufacturing defect: Even if a product has a proper design, it still may not be manufactured according to the correct specifications. Maybe only a few individual products or batches may be affected, but these few that make it through to market could affect you!
- Marketing defects: These cases arise from the failure to instruct you on the proper use or the potential dangers of a product. If you don’t know how to use it, maintain it, or the potential dangers that can arise from it, then a lawsuit may be in order.
What The Guthrie Firm, PLLC can do for you:
If you are in Mississippi and feel that you have been injured because of a defective or dangerous product, we may be able to help you by either accepting your case ourselves, or referring you to a firm that handles your type of case. Products liability litigation tends to be very large and complex, and sometimes is handled in federal court on a national level. The profession of law, especially in the area of products liability, is specialized much like the profession of medicine, and there are firms that specialize in only defective drug cases, and firms that specialize in only vehicle rollover cases. We can provide expert guidance to determine what type of help you need, and who can provide you with the best legal advice. And there is no charge for this initial consultation.
The Guthrie Firm, PLLC monitors the field of products liability, and makes all present and past clients aware of certain defective pharmaceutical, medical, and products litigation in which we are participating. As mentioned above, we will always assist anyone in Mississippi with any defective product claim if we can – if you think a defective product is the cause of your injury, just call us. Currently we are actively participating and evaluating claims in the following areas:
The Guthrie Firm, PLLC assists injured individuals with dangerous or defective product claims by ensuring that they are fairly compensated for their injuries by the entity that is ultimately responsible. We will fight for your justice, and hold them accountable for the pain and suffering they have caused you and your family and friends.